During the course of my career I have covered all bases- general physiotherapy outpatients, elderly rehabilitation, private contracts with nursing homes, contracts with many sports clubs and elite athletes (including Lancashire County Cricket Club), and a wide experience of treating patients with oncology or palliative care needs. I was a rehabilitation team manager for twelve years in Wiltshire.
I am also a European Consultant for Hypervibe Whole Body Vibration Therapy and have contracts with Central Somerset Physiotherapy, BMI Bath Clinic, Therapy Direct and Response Physiotherapy.
Who can I help?
Within the home I can offer rehabilitation post surgery or injury, Kinesio taping, spinal and joint mobilisations, seated massage, acupuncture, acupressure, TENS, exercise therapy, ultrasound/laser.
I have a specialist interest in women’s health (menopause symptoms: hot flushes, joint pain, headaches, reduced clarity of thought, pelvic pain) and oncology symptom management (cancer related pain, nausea, fatigue, insomnia, anxiety and depression, hot flushes breathlessness)
At the clinic base I can also offer Hypervibe Whole Body Vibration assessments and treatment plans (used for rehabilitation of injuries and to improve wellbeing for long term conditions such as Fibromyalgia, Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis, Diabetes, Chronic Back Pain and Congestive Pulmonary Disease)
Which conditions can I treat?
Any musculoskeletal injury or problem- acute or chronic
- Chronic health conditions eg COPD, arthritis,osteoporosis, fibromyalgia, ME
- Recurrent Headaches/Migraines
- Cancer related systems and treatment affects. (e.g. fatigue, nausea, hot flushes, neuropathy)
- Menopausal symptoms
- Pregnancy related back pain
- Exercise for long term wellbeing
- Preventative treatment- asthma, hay fever
- Emotional rebalancing- grief, anger, sadness, fear, anxiety, depression
I also offer acupuncture CPD sessions for health care professionals trained in acupuncture (please ask for details).
Home visit charge within 5 mile radius of BA5
- Initial assessment £45 (one hour assessment and short initial treatment)
- Follow on sessions £40 (45 minute treatment session)
Home visit charge outside of 5 mile radius of BA5
- Initial assessment £55 (one hour assessment and short initial treatment)
- Follow on sessions £50 (45 minute treatment session)
Clinic charges and details on application
*It is recommended that clients book a course of acupuncture treatments, one off sessions are rarely adequate, concessionary rates may apply for a pre paid course.
I am a friendly, experienced, highly qualified, professional Chartered Physiotherapist registered with the Health Care Professions Council. I have gained over 40 years of experience across all areas of physiotherapy within the NHS, Private Practice, elite sports medicine, occupational health, oncology and palliative care. I trained at Manchester Royal Infirmary and have worked predominantly in Lancashire, Somerset and Wiltshire throughout my continuous career.
Further qualifications include
- MSc in Acupuncture from Coventry University
- Diploma in Oncology and Cancer Care from the University of Liverpool and Clatterbridge Centre of Oncology
- City and Guilds qualification in teaching adults from Bath College
- Advanced member and CPD tutor for the Acupuncture Association of Chartered Physiotherapists.
Concessionary rates are also available for clients who attend
Extend Your Health or Move it or Lose it exercise groups.